Friday 18 July 2014

HBL bank: From 'worst' to ‘satisfactory’ [part two]

First of all, let me say I was not in mood to write this article so early, but some courteous actions made me do it.

Continuation of "HBL has been the worst bank for me so far – Part one"

Later, I went to the bank again to deposit a cheque and withdraw some money. There was a long queue – as usual. When my turn came I was told by the cashier – lady that the online service is not working so the cash cannot be deposited.

I asked her that I wanted to submit the cheque, now what should I do? She said that I should come the next day. The next day was a Saturday but Habib Bank Limited was providing its service to customers – an appreciable approach. I thought, ‘great at least I will be able to withdraw some money’ – was short on cash myself.

The brawl:

So, the next day I went to the lady. The queue was small and when my turn came, she said that I take the token. I thought to myself, that there was no person in the line than why is she saying that? Well I took the token and went as my turn came. She said she is busy. I said what do you mean by that you just told me to take a token. And I am here as per my turn.

She said that she is busy and I should go to some other counter.

I told her that she is one mean woman and went to the next counter but it was filled up. A customer told me to talk to the controller operations. I went and told him well he sorted it out but I was left disgruntled.

I checked their website and mailed HBL a complaint against the rude behavior of the employees. However, I did not receive any response.

Another visit:

Two weeks later I went again. As usual the same old line. I wanted a draft made. The receptionist told me how to fill the form and asked me to went to fourth cashier. Voila! It was the same mean woman. I went to her. She asked me ‘ap ka kya kaam hai?’ I said I wanted a draft made. She said ‘ap dusre counter per chalay jain’. Dusra counter – had a long line of about 20 people waiting.

I remouthed ‘oh shoot! Again the same old story’. I took the token my token was 171 and the person being served was 148. If you have visited HBL you can imagine that.

I sat and waited. The 148 number wanted something in print but the cashier –another cashier- was telling him it was not possible. He said, ‘oh bhai I have an account I want that thing. If it cant be printed give it to me hand written’. Both of them were shouting and then the person said. Very well, I am going to the manager. On which the cashier said, ‘zrur jao’ – Now that was ill mannered.

He went and brought the manager. Manager came and made the cashier understand that his behavior was not polite. The episode ended.

We all were still waiting for our turn and 10 minutes had passed in that scuffle.

The courtesy:

In that instance the manager saw me, smiled, and said how are you. I said fine. He said what is your matter? I told him that I wanted to pay a bill and a draft. He said very well, took the forms from me, and took them to the counter himself paid the bill and made the draft. He also said that I personally try that people do not face a problem but there are some instances in which we overpass few of our customers. That is why the brawls take place.

I was impressed by the manager as it was the first time a manager of the bank had carried out the tasks.

The president call:

Later the President HBL called me and said that they saw the first article I write on this blog and also expressed regret for the bad behavior and that they are looking in to the matter.

By now, the status of HBL had changed in my mind – Not because the president called. But because the president called when it was not his duty, after all I was not a VIP customer. I told the President that the problem is with the lower management. Some of them are ill mannered and do not assist customers properly.

(It is said that a company is known by its leadership. And I thought the leadership of HBL is in pretty good hands)

Now some tips so that these things do not happen to you:

  1. As an account holder of the bank or even not an account holder, you are entitled to get assistance from the employees.

  2. If you are not being assisted and think that you should be, talk to the manager

  3. You can also complain to the higher authorities or give a complaint in written to the branch manager. – A written complaint is preferable than verbal argument.

  4. You can also complain on their email ID customer.complaints@hbl.com

  5. There is an evaluation form and most banks provide that. I also filled the evaluation form of Habib bank limited. Ask them the evaluation form and give your suggestions in it.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment